WHAT WE COLLECT & DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION.
Noxus Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our applications and services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Noxus Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 02nd March 2014.
What we collect
We may on occasion collect the following information:
• name (if you provide it to us)
• contact email address
• computer IP address
• other information relevant to our applications such as anonymous usage statistics
• data you provide in the use of our applications and services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• Improving our applications and services
• Sending emails about our applications using the email address which you have provided (only if you have opted in to our newsletter)
• Website and application anonymous usage/traffic monitoring
• Application specific features such as user accounts for data syncing etc.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• We may disclose the data to trusted service providers whom we rely on for hosting, marketing and analytics solutions. In all such cases, we will ensure the service provider agrees to keep the data confidential. This is quite standard with all companies, so there is no cause for concern. For example, we have to store the data you provide to us to make the note cloud syncing service possible with hosting companies, such as Amazon Cloud. This is required for the cloud syncing to function. Also, if you CHOOSE to opt-in to our newsletter, then we’ll have to hold your contact details with our mailing list provider, MailChimp.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Compliance with laws and law enforcement
Noxus Ltd cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you and your data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Noxus Ltd or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.